RAW 2007 is now over. Thank you to all who participated.
If you decide to participate in Reader Appreciation Week(RAW) 2007, you might be struggling to come up with ideas for stuff to give away. Below is a list of prizes the RAW team brainstormed. The prizes are split up into three categories: tech, non-tech, and non-monetary.
Non-Monetary Prize Ideas
- Free hosting
- E-book Downloads
- Website design
- Theme Design
- Logo Design
- Free advertising space
- Free consulting (blog, design, etc…)
- Reader Spotlight – Write a post about a particular reader
- Create a Readers’ Hall of Fame
- Special invites to non-public betas
- Custom Titles and/or Avatars (for forum leaders)
The following prizes are ideal for readers that aren’t highly technical.
- Merchandise (T-Shirts, Mugs, Mouse Pads)
- Retail store gift cards
- Money Orders
- Candles from Little-Light.net
- Transportation tickets, like BART and other tickets (as explained in the comment below)
The following prize ideas are ideal for readers comfortable with the online world and online shopping.
- iTunes gift certificate
- Amazon.com gift certificate
- Flickr Pro Account
- Mint Stats Package (for website owners). Update: Shaun Inman said that although it is possible to forward a license to another account, he doesn’t recommend giving the package away.
- LiveJournal Paid Account (as suggested by Stacee)
- DeviantART Choice Membership (as suggested by Stacee)
- Yahoo Mail Plus (as suggested by Stacee)
- Paypal Cash
- Design magazines such as HOW and ID (as suggested by inspirationbit)
- Help move someone from a hosted blog account to their own domain.
- Game subscriptions (such as WoW)
If you have any other ideas for prizes that haven’t been mentioned, please let us know about it in the comments.