Periodically I like to spotlight WordPress plugins here that help in reader appreciation. One such plugin is called Absolute Comments.
The Plugin In Use
From within the Comments sub-panel, I look at my recent comments. I see someone has responded to a recent post I wrote.
Seeing that the comment needs a reply, I hit the spiffy “Reply” button, which displays a reply box instantaneously. I type in my reply and hit “Reply to Comment.” If I had some threaded comments type plugin, I could have hit “Thread Reply” instead.
Once I hit “Reply to Comment”, the new comment is moved to the top. It’s as easy as that.
Other Features Worth Mentioning
- The plugin is highly customizable. If you are comfortable editing PHP code, you can change the width of the text editor, the reply prefill, and numerous other options.
- Support for threaded comments
- Ajax Edit Comments is compatible. Okay, so this isn’t an advertised feature, but you can reply to and edit comments all in one place.
- Impressive localization. Numerous languages are already supported.
- Reply-to in e-mail notifications. If you receive e-mail notifications on e-mails, a reply-to link is included.
I highly recommend Absolute Comments for every WordPress blog (versions 2.2 or higher) to make replying to comments in the admin panel a snap. And replying to comments is an excellent way to show reader appreciation.